It’s been another busy month, but mostly with non-tech stuff, so this will be a short post. I’m nearing completion of a Home Assistant config that I’m happy to publish. The new config is now deployed on my live HASS system and I’m just ironing out a few bugs and making slight improvements here and there. Then I just need to find time to write it up. I’m probably being really precious about keeping it to myself until my inner perfectionist is happy, but I want something that I can point to when people ask me about Home Assistant or home automation in general as an example of what you can do.
Probably the reason I haven’t managed to quite finish this off this month is that I decided to take a detour into Arch Linux again, which is always a fun way to spend time (if your idea of fun involves kernel panics and chroots that is). Suffice to say I now have a nice MATE based Arch setup on my laptop, which so far hasn’t broken (except when I decided to set up Plymouth) and is blindingly fast compared to Ubuntu MATE on the same machine.
I’ve also been playing around with one of my ESP8266s and Homie, but so far didn’t get much done. That will be a story for another day.
That’s it for this update. Looks like April is shaping up to be a quieter month, so with a bit of luck there might be a bit more to see around here in the next month or so.